Thursday, May 06, 2010

Karaoke outdoors


I decided to sing karaoke again because I'd had so much fun last weekend when I sang. This time, it was set up on the MWR (Morale, Welfare, Recreation) outdoor stage. Perhaps because my Mustangs are set to leave here so soon, there weren't many other Soldiers (or civilians) who participated, so as to give us Californians more of a chance to sing.


I tried out a song I'd never attempted before, and it was a bit odd to hear echoes of my voice off the surrounding buildings.


The enthusiasm of some of my guys and gals is something to behold, especially in light of how they sound when they're onstage. I have a great time watching them have so much fun.


I'm finding myself wishing I'd started doing this much earlier on in the deployment!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf