Monday, June 14, 2010

Flowers in the cockpit



In our Lift Company, we only have one female pilot. She’s been flying helicopters for many years, and is really good at what she does. As she and her co-pilot were getting the aircraft ready to fly one morning, I noticed flowers blooming in the field just beyond the landing pad. I figured that since local workers were mowing down all the rest of the wildflowers that morning, I’d just pick one stalk of the flowers, and put it in the cockpit above the pilot’s seat.


She saw the flowers as she climbed into the cockpit, and asked her co-pilot if he were trying to butter her up. He is still a fairly new pilot and they were going to be doing some training in addition to the mission they were flying.



I confessed to having put the flowers there, and that I had no need to curry favor with her.


She smiled broadly, took the flowers down to give them a sniff, and them put them back up where they were, and we took off on our flight.



Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf