Friday, July 30, 2010

The comforts of home....


After being gone, effectively, for twenty-five months, it's really great to be back in the States and able to wear civilian clothes. There *is* something to be said for not having to ask, any time I change my attire, "Will this make me look fat?"

When wearing the Army Combat Uniform (ACUs), I know it will!

I'd brought along civvies with me to Iraq, and to Kosovo, but had almost no opportunity to wear them, seeing as the edict from 'on high' came down that only Army uniforms could be worn. This was as true while we were training in the States as it was Down Range.

(This, of couse, assumes the willing suspension of disbelief necessary to see Kosovo as being "Down Range" in any real sense....

Unfortunately for me, as regards my haberdashery, however, since the Jesuits gave away my room while I was away and all the rest of my civilian clothes are locked away in cold storage, it's going to be a while before I have any real clothing options to choose from. I'll make the best of it, though!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf