Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Part of the team



Because I'd been using another Soldier's flight gear exclusively for the past month, the person in charge of that sort of thing in the Lift Company notified me that I needed to sign a hand receipt for the gear.


At the same time, they made me a name tape for the helmet I was using, which identifies the wearer when the person's identity can't be otherwise determined (as when the darker eye shield is down during the day, for example).


Sometimes the names on the helmets simply reflect the given or surname of the Soldier; at other times, the appellation is more colorful.


When I got my helmet back, the name they'd given me was "Chappy."


I really felt as though I were part of the team.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf