Wednesday, January 23, 2013

With beauty suffused




This place, in the hills of Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the distance, lifts my spirits whenever I visit (which is definitely not often enough).  The hospitality of the Friars welcomes gently; the food has gotten better and better over the years -- both delicious AND healthy; and no matter what time of year I show up here, there are always flowers to beckon me to flights of gratitude and awe that soften even *my* curmudgeonliness.




When I was in Iraq and Kosovo, the search for unexpected and undeserved beauty kept my spirit alive through some very long days and trying times.

What a gift to be able to revel in so much beauty for (several) days on end!!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf