Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Gina

She came to me after Mass one day, in tears. "My public name is Gina," she said, in a thick accent. "I'm sorry for crying."

(Why do people have the need to apologize for crying? What's up with that? I cannot think of a single person I've spoken with over here Down Range who has not apologized for shedding tears when they've been or begun crying in my presence....)

Gina is an interpreter who's been working special operations missions for the United States military for quite some time now. "I've even been on air assault missions," she whispered.

"But months now I am supposed to go home to United States, where I have a family waiting to take me in. They love me. I need them. I am not used here anymore, but it is too dangerous to go anywhere else, so I just sit here. All my paperwork is at US Embassy, and I have two lawyers, one in New York and one in California, trying to help. But I still sit here, waiting."

"All the Chaplains I know have redeployed, so I have no one to pray for me now. I need to go to home."

I assured Gina that I would pray for her, and that I'd ask my friends to do the same.

Consider yourselves asked!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf