Monday, March 02, 2009

Weather Report

The weather here Down Range has been quite splendid, for the most part, of late. What passes for bitter cold here (remember, when it's 130 degrees Fahrenheit as the high, 30 degrees Fahrenheit can feel pretty bitter -- at leas to me!) seems to be a thing of the past now. I'm not seeing my breath as I walk to the shower trailer wearing my PT shorts and shirt in the mornings anymore.

The sunshine is actually beginning to feel a bit warmish while I'm wearing all my battle-rattle. I just started noticing this in the past few days.

I've been on a number of Blackhawk helicopters of late, and haven't felt the need to be bundled up, even when sitting just behind the gunner's hatch on the right side of the aircraft at night.

So it's beginning to warm up over here.

All of this is to say then, that the window of opportunity for sending M&Ms in individual snack-packs is rapidly beginning to close.

I've also discovered that there's quite a demand for Skittles in the same snack-pack size.

Who knew?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that the Skittles are popular. I know my boys like them more than M&M's.

Exactly which package size are you looking for in candies? Are you referring to the small "square" mini snack size bags or the larger rectangular individual packs (like you would buy at the checkout aisle at the grocery)?

cptdrfrtim said...

Robin:

I've never had Skittles, so I've never bought them! The ones you sent last time were perfect -- the rectangular size.

But beggars can't be choosers!

Many thanks for your sweet generosity.

Tim, SJ

Carol said...

where should I send the skittles? Or M&Ms? Or anything else you might want to receive?

Anonymous said...

Okey-dokey, Father! I will send hubby out to Sam's Club on Saturday to purchase more Skittles/M&M's.

And, if you haven't tried Skittles, you need to open a pack yourself and try some. They are fruity and delicious!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf