Saturday, October 17, 2009

What the


Hail is going on here.

The other night, as I was walking a few blocks to a meeting, it started hailing. A lot. The hailstones weren't very big, probably just the size of styrofoam leavings as a cup is absent-mindedly picked apart.

The wind drove them almost horizontal. This meant that exposed skin, such as faces, were pelted incessantly with tiny BB-sized pellets of ice. Within an hour, sidewalks and streets and the grass were glazed over, making walking and driving a challenge.

The Army says, "we train as we fight."

In this case, I'm afraid, this is very true. I'm told we can expect this and more as we get to our final destination on this mission.

Sigh.

Have I mentioned how much I loathe having wet and cold feet?

Iraq will have been a (warm) breeze compared to this, I figure.

Blessings and peace to one and all,

Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf