Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Congratulations, Sheri!


So there I was, listening to a radio broadcast over the TV last night, and my ears perked up when I heard a voice I recognized but hadn't heard in a number of years.

The story concerned the awarding of this year's Pulitzer Prizes, and it seemed as though my PhD labmate, Sheri Fink, MD, PhD, had won one of those prizes and was being interviewed. I immediately used "the Google" and discovered that Sheri had, in fact, won the first Pulitzer awarded for digital publication of investigative reporting.

I can't say as though I was particularly surprised by this news. In 2004, Sheri published an awarding-winning book, named "War Hospital," about the horrors faced by medical personnel in Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina during the war there.

It's nice to know that at least one of us from that graduate school program has made something of herself! Congratulations, Sheri!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf