Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sarajevo 02: A day in the life


SPC C and I spent a day wandering around the Post, meeting Soldiers, eating good food in the chow hall, and conducting a couple of worship services. We also watched the end of one of the semifinal games of the Frozen Four (Wisconsin won big). I needed to work out, what with having to take an APFT shortly after our return to Kosovo, so I didn't watch the Boston College hockey semifinal game.

Instead, I spent an hour on the treadmill. That's not exactly my idea of a really good time, but it's a lot easier on my knees and feet than pounding the pavement outside. (Boston College won their semifinal contest.)

SPC C and I decided to have dinner at one of the pubs on Post because we'd been told earlier that a number of the U.S. personnel would be gathering there for a pizza party. When no one we were expecting showed up, we went ahead and ordered dinner. I had roast turkey in an orange sauce (quite tasty), while SPC C had a burger.

Later, a few of the others arrived, and we eventually moved to the back of the bar where the locals were celebrating. It had been a long time since I'd been around that many people drinking that much in such a short time. People said they were going to go sing karaoke, but I was tired and returned to my room instead.

That's what I get for being a curmudgeon, I guess!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf