Friday, June 25, 2010

Mount Duke in the summer


We arrived here in Kosovo at the end of October, and Mount Duke already had a lot of snow on it. These days it has almost no snow.

A number of our Soldiers are going to climb to the summit in the near future, now that most of the snow has melted. I, however, will not be among them.


My knees, ankle, and feet have not fared well over the past two years of walking constantly on gravel. (What's with that, anyway? The Germans have a base here in Kosovo that has sidewalks, and lawns, and gardens, and masonry buildings -- and almost no gravel, from what I've seen -- so I know it's possible to build something different from what we have....)



Because of the condition of my joints, I'll not be making the trek up the mountain, much to my chagrin. I'll bet it will be a great adventure!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf